Every MBA student should broaden up his vision by reading as it improves the capability of decision making. However, not every book is relevant to business only, some books teach some other aspects of life which become useful in the field of management too.
Here is a list of books which MBA students should read:
- “My Years with General Motors” Written by Alfred Sloan, former GM CEO, this book is a manual for all managers. In this book he makes you understand the concept of the discipline of management. He put his concept to work and turned GM into the biggest company.
- “Call Me Ted” Ted Turner shares his story in this book, when he was dropped out of college and then turned his father’s billboard company into an international media empire. He also shares his personal interest of sailing and baseball and how he became champion in his hobbies. He also mentions his closed ones, his family, colleagues, friends, competitors etc.
- “Sam Walton: Made in America” The book is about the founder of Wal-Mart (one of the best retailers in the world) who had been criticized in his business manytimes. He shares his life experience that how he turned a small-town store to a largest retailer in the world. You can not only learn from his successes but also his mistakes teach a lot and how he worked hard in the tough times.
- “Ben Franklin: America’s Original Entrepreneur” It is a great “self-help” book of America; it explains how Franklin became a successful entrepreneur as well as a great leader and innovator. He is an inspiration for MBAs who are not only interested in doing well for themselves but also brings best in others.
- “In Their Time: The Greatest Business Leaders of the Twentieth Century” In this book writer focuses on stories of legends like Sam Walton and Bill Gates. This book makes you understand the personality traits, strategies and the intelligence that makes great leaders.
- “The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life” This is the story of a successful investor Warren Buffet. You will realize how it takes to become one of the richest men in the world. He also shares some aspects of his personal life. This book is indeed a good choice for MBAs who intend to seek wisdom.
- “How to Win Friends and Influence People” Written by Dale Carnegie, is one of the top best sellers globally. In this book he explains how your personality should influence others and how you can make others do what you want without any manipulation. He also teaches that by praising and appreciating others you can make yourself important in other’s eyes. This book explains how to handle people and make them believe your point of views.
- “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” Written by Stephen R Covey, is a worth reading book and a book to be kept on your bookshelf. The book offers a holistic approach to solving regular basis personal problems as well as professional. A definite read for every MBA student as it is very influential.
- “How to Become CEO” A book written by Jeffrey Fox is a very thoughtful book for every MBA student. Its title indicates that it is only for CEOs but the book can be read by anyone who wants to start his career in business.
- “The History of the World’s Greatest Entrepreneurs: The Biography of Success” It is a great book about self made men and women who have gathered so much fame in doing business. You can find a mentor you can be inspired by this collection.
- Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish a story on 25 entrepreneurs from IIMA. Book is written by Rashmi Bansal.
- Business Maharaja book by Gita Piramal on prominent Indian Business leaders.
This is a guest post written by Isla Hazel who is a dedicated guest blogger. She works for test4prep.com which let’s get the advantage 350-030 Exam and pass your IT certification exam on first attempt with 100% money back guaranty.
Do you have any other book in your mind? Comment and share with us.