I was going through my app world and found quite a few apps which I had never used. So I decided to delete them and I also decided to make a blog post on must have mobile apps. I am categorizing them on the basis of a few parameters like – Social Apps, News Apps, Games & Others.
Social Apps: A must have apps if you love to socialize. Check out my list:
- Facebook: The social network with 900 million+ users.
- Twitter: The second most used social networking website.
- WhatsApp: Commonly know as the competitor of BlackBerry Messenger. It’s for every none who wishes to chat for free on phone.
- Skype Messenger: If you have a 3G phone this is one app you can’t miss out on.
- Any other app you would recommend?
News Apps: These days people prefer to read on their phones and kindles. Check out my list:
- RSS Readers: If you love to read blogs then you need to have an RSS reader app. For BlackBerry one of the best RSS reader is XPRSS. It would be great if you could comment and share some of the best RSS reader apps for other platforms.
- Newspaper apps: I had blogged about this earlier, most of the big news papers have apps for mobiles. I had mentioned about MoneyControl mobile apps earlier.
Games are full on source of entertainment. There are many awesome games available on the internet from which you can choose the one you like. I have installed Chess and Temple Run at the moment in my phone and tablet respectively. Feel free to recommend games in the comment box.
Others: According to your city and location there are a few apps which you need to download. Check out my list:
- m-indicator: A must have app if you stay in Mumbai. This app shows railway time table, bus routs, etc.
- Book My Show: Are you a movie buff? This is an app you must have.
If you think I have missed some app in this list feel free to comment and I would love to add it back to this list.