It’s a New Year and we have just returned back to our senses after having great 3-4 days long New Year celebrations. So why not start this New Year 2012 with a bang! Are you a book lover? Books come as one of the greatest gifts to mankind. A person who has a crush on books needs nothing more as a New Year present than a book store. A whole new range of top new novels awaits you this January. Explore them, buy them, read them and suggest them to those who you love! The works from various authors of novels that have taken the charts by storm are on their way to you this winter.
Coming this year in January launches are books with a lot of political mileage behind them as a majority.
- “Rahul” by Jatin Gandhi and Veeru Sandhu: this is a book been published by Viking and is ready to reach your hands on 20th January 2012. It’s an authoritative biography of the political scion Rahul Gandhi. This book brings the actual Rahul in front of us who is the real man under the hype and hatchet jobs. It’s a good read for those readers who are in their job of following the rise and fall of the Gandhi Empire. These 2 journalists have turned as an author to give you the Rahul which we were not able to see due to the limelight created. Looking forward for this one!
- “Didi: A Political Biography” by Monobina Gupta: a book by a famous publisher HarperCollins. A book that will make a difference with its details about the political and personal life of the famous Mamata Banerjee. This exciting political book which talks about the time and the way Didi overturned the long ruling government out East, will be released on 15th January.
- “Emerging India: Economics, Politics And Reforms” by Bimal Jalan is a book under the publishing of Viking Publishers and is expected to be available by 20th January. A book by India’s well known economist, Bimal Jalan, on the occasion of 20 year milestone of economic liberalization is expected to do wonders. Author voices about the country’s future prospects and sharing the stem from the past history.
There is good number of other books that we look forward in the fiction category. As per the emerging industry trends, what we can see is that there are increasing number of Indian authors which today are writing and looking forward to get name and fame in this industry. Some of these January Book Launches are:
- “When Loss Is Gain” by Pavan K. Varma: This is a book which is for loving and losing, happiness and despair, how and what it means to have faith in fate and destiny. A book by Raintree Publications, this novel captures the joy and sorrow of the human conditions. This book is being launched on 25th January 2012.
- “The Mine” by Arnab Ray is a fiction book by Westland which talks about the exclusive places on this earth where evil reigns true. One of such evil of small, mysterious mine which is buried in the dunes of Rajasthan is covered in this book. A reader will be taken through a tumultuous journey of ups and downs for those who dare to ride a roller coaster ride starting 15th January.
- “Opening Night” by Diksha Basu: Another book by a good publisher HaperCollins, which is a true Indian’s dream to become a Bollywood superstar. Follow Naiya Kapur as she attempts to navigate the twisted lanes of Mumbai in search for her Opening Night Fame with you since 10th January onwards.
- “Overwinter” by Ratika Kapur: This book is expected to be in the bookstores by 15th January. Long listed for the Man Asian Literary Prize, the novel brings forth family secrets and the chaos that reigns behind the purdah of domesticity in beautifully written prose.
For the readers who are interested in the Mythology genre, then here are the upcoming books for you:
- “7 Secrets of Vishnu & 7 Secrets of Shiva” (Combo Pack) by Devdutt Patnaik: A book coming up by 15th January with Westland Publishers. This book is a profusion of stories that bring out the sacred stance behind two of the three most powerful Gods in our world.
- “The Mahabharata” by Shiv K. Kumar: This is another book coming out on 15th January itself, which is beautifully crafted, re-telling of the epic poem that has been set in the heart and mind of every Indian.
So be prepared for the upcoming books in this 1st month of New Year 2012 and let’s look forward to have loads of good ones as in previous year
Happy Reading with Castle of Books!