Most preferred career option after 12th Std., HSC

by Chirag on June 2, 2009

in Education

Results of 12 th Standard Maharashtra Board (HSC) are over head many are tensed many searching for career options after 12th Standard.

(I Think this article would be most suitable for students from Mumbai as I will be speaking for options which are only know and available in the city for Example In Mumbai there is BMS while in rest of India it is know as BBA)

Now people must have given exams from various streams such as : Commerce , Arts, Science and Vocational.

The most preferred for Commerce students would be BCom and BMS.

The most preferred for Science student would be Engineering and B.SC or even diploma or MBBS.

The most preferred for Arts student would be Law and BMM.

Here are guidelines for Commerce Students in Mumbai.

BMS is better than BCom and can give an exposure to a student. BMS is very good for people who want to do MBA at a later stage and also for people who like business world and want to become entrepreneurs. BMS means – Bachelor of Management studies.

BMM is a very good career option for people who want to go for journalism and mass media. Full Form of BMM is Bachelor of Mass Media.

I am a BMS Student. You can post a comment if you want any help.!

Related reading :

List of all BMS Colleges in Mumbai

List of Top BMS Colleges in Mumbai

1 Pradosh June 2, 2009 at 10:20 PM

Hi,
I m pradosh my sister appearing H.S.C. exams and her result will come on 4th of June. She want to take admision for BMS so pls suggest me a good colleage for her and can u send me last year cut of list of all college in mumbai for Sci
Thanking You.

2 Hardik Shah June 3, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Hi,
my friend tanvi has appear 4 HSC 4m comm stream and she wants 2 do BMS.she belongs 2 OBC class.can u plz send me last years cut off least of all coll in mumbai,navimumbai.
Thanking you

3 Chirag June 3, 2009 at 8:39 PM

Hi Pardosh I think HR College is the best college for BMS

4 Chirag June 3, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Hi Hardik at the movement its not possible for me to get the list but sooner or later I will try to arrange of it. Keep a trak. Thanks for dropping by.

5 surendar singh khanka June 16, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Whatever course you decide to pursue, give it your best whole heartedly….for one never knows for sure where his final destiny for earning his livelihood would be….so once you have decided give it your best, enjoy what you are doing and everything will fall in place…..why worry too much??? We must learn to be bold enough to withstand any situation with confidence…

6 Rushina June 20, 2009 at 4:10 AM

Hi,

My sis wants to do BMS and her results are just out. She has applied to Jai Hind and HR but I also wanted to know how is Lala’s for BMS? Does anyone know?

7 Chirag June 22, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Lalas in one of the best college. I personally feel its is one of the best.
She should also fill at Lalas.

8 ROHIT July 8, 2009 at 3:06 PM

is BE better than BMS CAREER WISE

9 fatema October 29, 2009 at 7:21 PM

hey,
i am in 12th standard .just wanted to know that bms can be taken after 12th for ppl in arts stream

10 Chirag October 30, 2009 at 5:32 AM

@fatema Yes It can be taken for the people in arts stream!

11 Aditi October 30, 2009 at 8:56 PM

i m a 12th std student….n m really very confused related 2 my career…i still wonder y i have taken comm….so plzz can u guide me regarding tat….if i opt for BMS…then what r the career prospects….n what is it all about ?

12 Chirag November 1, 2009 at 8:36 PM

@Aditi Hey be confident on yourself.
Commerce is a good option.
BMS is a very good option after 12th.
It is very good for people who want to do MBA in future.
Best luck!
I am currently in BMS.

This can help you :

13 Chirag November 2, 2009 at 8:42 AM

Will soon be adding more stuff here stay tuned! :)

14 Aditi November 9, 2009 at 1:21 AM

hey !
thnx a lot for the info….n wad is the cut off % 2 get into BMS ….. n hw is BCOM as an option..? is it better than BMS….

N is it anything like a student doin MBA doesn’t hav a bright future or something… bcoz evry 2nd person u ask wants 2 do MBA…..will d value of MBA decrease by d time i give ma entrance…

15 Chirag November 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM

@ Aditi
Different colleges have different cut offs
Better the college higher the cut off.
If you do MBA from a reputed college your value is ought to be high.

16 Jeshad March 11, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I have just given my 12th exams from comm stream and i am sure that i want to do bms after 12th.My only worry is the required percentage.Is there any alternative to do bms if the required percentage is not got?If u could just send me the cut offs for the good colleges for bms of last year and if possible this year.

17 mohita March 15, 2010 at 7:15 PM

i really..want to know how much percentage is required to get through this course and thrugh the best colleges..of BMS..
n thanx for the suggestion it was reall effective

18 Chirag March 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM

@Jeshad @mohita :
To get into a good BMS College you need a minimum of 75%. To get into the best college you need to get above 82% (Average).
The Cut Off’s keep on changing year on year. I have no data base of it. But if you name a few colleges (Squamble Community) can surely help you out.
Just comment here to name them writing “Cut off’s of colleges and name them”
.-= Chirag´s last blog ..10 most admired companies in the world. =-.

19 Chirag March 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Few good lists you can check out :——————- :)
List of all BMS Colleges in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/02/list-of-bms-colleges-in-mumbai-and-navi-mumbai/
List of Top BMS Colleges in Mumbai : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/02/top-bms-colleges-in-mumbai-bombay/
List of Top BMM Colleges in Mumbai : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/03/bmm-an-over-view/
List of BSc colleges in Mumbai : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/05/bsc-colleges-in-mumbai/
Commerce Colleges in Mumbai : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/04/list-of-commerce-colleges-in-mumbai/
Colleges in Pune : —-
Commerce : http://www.squamble.com/2009/06/07/list-of-commerce-colleges-in-pune/

20 Prashant Sani April 26, 2010 at 12:18 PM

After 12th std one can even pursue a degree as a Commercial Artist from institutes like JJ School of arts with specialization in field of Illustrator,Photographer,etc

Other IT Carreer Options:-
1) Web designing/Development
2) SEO and Content writing
3) Digital painting
4) Programing
5) Animation and VFX

If u love gadgets and music and none of above sound interesting to u ,There is one more option——> DJ :)

21 Chirag May 22, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Good One Prashant! :) Thanks :)

22 Prashant Sani August 4, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Welcome :)

23 fouzia May 21, 2010 at 11:52 PM

i have appeared for hsc (commerce) exam…i had taken sp instead of maths…can i do bms??? because i heard that u need math for bms…plzz help..

24 Chirag May 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM

No I also was a SP student. I was able to manage it well. Forget wat people are saying. I think u were an SP student so you have an add on advantage than a math student as you would have good knowledge of equity/ shares :) so chill!

25 minu May 22, 2010 at 9:10 AM

i am a science student. i have scored 72%.is bms a good option 4 me.
please help me as son as possible.

26 Chirag May 22, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Ye it is a good option!

27 Paayal April 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

What does BMM include exactly? What are the career options after doing BMM? And I wanted to know about Fashion Merchandising. If you know anything please let me know.

28 Chirag April 30, 2011 at 7:06 AM

BMM is a media field you can do masters in that.
I have no idea abt Fashion Designing.

29 afrin basar May 25, 2010 at 2:52 PM

i appeared for h.s.c this year n the results are out and i scored 62.66% so can u just suggest sum colleges for b.m.s in which i can get addmision for sure… in bombay….
i would really appreciate ur help…
thanx

30 ankita agrawal May 26, 2010 at 10:59 AM

i appeared for h.s.c dis year n i got 77.16
so can u pls suggest sum gud coll for b.m.s in which i can get admission ..in mumbai….

31 Chirag May 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

Firstly congrats for getting such a good sore. I think you should try in few good colleges such as :
HR College.
Jai Hind.
MMK
Mithibai…
SIES ..

Best of Luck :)

32 hardik May 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I’ve secured 76% in hsc xams. Can u recommend colleges for bms in which I can get d admission.

33 DJ May 29, 2010 at 2:06 AM

hi.. i had appeared for 12th in science but now i wish to persue comm preferably bms or bba or baf… however as i was concentrating on cet i couldn score much in hsc i gt only 52% ….is there any hope for me?? also i belong to a physical handicapped category(dysgraphia) and have a valid certificate.. can that help plz repli asap…thx

34 alisha May 30, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I’ve got 75.66% in this year’s HSC board.please suggest some bms colleges in which I am eligible for admission

35 Chirag May 31, 2010 at 8:04 AM

UPG, Rahejas,

36 jenny jain June 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM

hi,
i’m jenny n i’ve scored 53% in hsc science. now i wanna opt bmm can u pls tel me in which college shud i apply ?

37 Disha July 5, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Hey,I wanted 2 know if comm students cn take BMM after 12th?

38 Prashant Sani August 4, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Yes Commerce students can take BMS

39 anjana July 24, 2010 at 9:09 PM

i wanted to know what % iis reqiired for bmm. i m commerce. i want to know everything & procedure for doing bmm

40 Neetu August 4, 2010 at 2:53 PM

JOB ORIENTED TEACHER TRAINING COURSES WITH 100% PLACEMENT ASSISTANCE.

Admission Open-2010
one yr Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training
one yr Diploma in Primary Teacher training
one yr B.Ed(Admission Assistance)
100% placement
one month training in school
UGC recognised University

location- J-198 ,Rajouri Garden Metro Station ,Delhi
call Neetu- 9212441844,9212441845

41 Neetu August 4, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Career In Teaching After 12th….join teacher training courses in delhi…

Admission Open-2010
one yr Diploma in Nursery Teacher Training
one yr Diploma in Primary Teacher training
one yr B.Ed(Admission Assistance)
100% placement
one month training in school
UGC recognised University

location- J-198 ,Rajouri Garden Metro Station ,Delhi
call Neetu- 9212441844,9212441845

42 khushali May 9, 2011 at 12:43 PM

hey,hii,i am very confused abt my career after 12th i am a comm student and i am interested in management i want to do mba.for mba which course is better bba,bms or b.com……please reply as soon as possible as my results will be out soon….

43 Beena more May 28, 2011 at 7:38 AM

i have got 61% in homescience (science) this year .i want to opt for advertising for that should i take bmm .which is college i can apply

44 Beena more May 28, 2011 at 7:41 AM

please guide me as ihave done IQ in that they have suggested me to take career in advt

45 Beena more May 28, 2011 at 7:44 AM

can u give me list of bmm colleges in mumbai western suburb from malad to dADAR

46 Harleen kaur oberoi May 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM

hey……i am a comm student n i scored 63% in 12th n i wana do bmm…so plz can u tell which college should i go for plzzzz help me……

47 suraj May 25, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I have scored 68% in 12th, which is good college of BMS where i can take admission at this percentage….

48 Shraddha June 10, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I want to do MBA now i m confused whether to do BMS or BAF orBCOM……can you plz suggest what should i do?????

49 pratik June 11, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hi!!
broher have scored 79.5%

now in the first merit list his name is in ritambara and bhavans..
i wwanted to know which one to go for???

50 Shivani Shahane November 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM

bt I want to knoe wether it is necessary to give any entrance exam aftr 12th to take admission in BMM?

51 Karishma March 15, 2013 at 4:21 PM

after 12th science which cet do I hav to giv inorder to take admission in bms????

Previous post: