Snapshot of future of Telecom sector in India.
- India is the fastest growing telecom market in the world.
- Around February last year, India overtook Russia to become the third largest mobile market.
- India’s total mobile subscriber base now stands at 237 mn in comparison with China’s 534 million, US’s 257 mn.
- At current growth rate, India will cross the 264 million mark by May or May-end, overtaking the US.
- India is expected to have 450 million mobile subscribers by the turn of the decade, which means every third Indian will have his/her own mobile phone by 2010.